Here are some tips to get the iron ore in Skyrim
- There is Halted stream camp outside Whiterun, where you can get tons of iron ore as well as the transmute spell book.
- Fast travel to mines works well in vanilla game.
- You can also install a mod called “Ars Metallica“, which allows you to smelt down your excess iron weapons and armor pieces into iron ingots; as for the iron ore – you can try, but I’m not sure about that.
- There is a blacksmith in Riverside, so you can steal it from him. It is right next to the table, and it refreshes every 48 hours, so simply do it again after 48 hours. You’ll have a ton of iron and steel in a matter of minutes.
- You can fast travel to visit all the blacksmiths and buy up all the iron ore they have. You can combine these travels with the visits to the local alchemist shops to get the ingredients you need.
There is an old reset trick for those who don’t want to run all over Skyrim:
1) Go to a certain vendor, and buy all the ore from them.
2) Save the game.
3) Attack or kill that vendor.
4) Reload your save. The vendor’s inventory will reset.
Where can I buy the most iron ore?
Blacksmiths or any merchant selling various products can sell you the iron ore. Halted Stream Camp, northwest of Whiterun, has sixteen veins. Fort Fellhammer, south-southeast of Dawnstar, has ten veins.
Does iron respawn in Skyrim?
If the region is designated as “cleared,” ore veins usually replenish their ores after roughly a month (in-game). Otherwise, it renews in 10 days. Some veins (for example, Ebony) respawn sooner or later than the one-month period.
Where can I mine iron ingots in Skyrim?
You can do this in the following places:
- Embershard Mine.
- Halted Stream Camp.
- Iron-Breaker Mine.
- Left Hand Mine.
How do you turn ore into bars?
You can use a smelter – an interactive object that transforms an ore into ingots. You can find raw ore throughout the game, especially in mines, and then smelt it at a smelter to turn the ore into an ingot. The ingots later can be used to forge and improve weapons and armor.
How do you duplicate iron ingots in Skyrim?
Iron ingots can be duplicated just as any other item in the game.
For console players: enter a building with one of your followers. To save time, drop the items you want to replicate inside a building, ideally near the front door. You must drop each object one by one. If you wish to replicate 30 gold ingots, for example, you must drop each gold ingot separately. Through the follower commands in Skyrim, command your follower to pick up the items, and then exit the building. The duplicate versions of the items will be on the floor where you dumped the original objects when you re-enter the building.
It’s worth noting that this doesn’t always work, and you won’t get the exact same quantity of products. Simply continue the process until you achieve your goal.
For PC players it is much easier, since you simply need to enter a console command. So, place an item into any kind of storage like a chest or dead animal, then open the command console (~ key). Select the storage you have placed the items into with the cursor, and you will get an ID number. Now type the command: duplicateallitems (put this ID number here).
How much iron ore is in Skyrim?
In total, there are 668 veins, 81 ores, and 275 ingots in the game. Individual outcroppings of iron ore veins can be found all around Skyrim.
Who sells the most iron ore in Skyrim?
There are three smiths in Whiterun, as well as Elrindir in the Drunken Huntsman – they all can sell you iron ore. If you buy from Adrianne, make sure you do it outside of Warmaiden’s, because if you buy from either Adrianne or Ulfberth inside Warmaiden’s they end up sharing their inventory.
How do you make iron ingot in Skyrim?
Go to the nearest blacksmith, then to the Smelter, where you can smelt Iron Ingot; for every 1 Iron Ore, you will get 1 Iron Ingot.